Friday 15 January 2010

Christ Birthday 2009 was the best....



I have been meaning to put up my Christ Birthday 2009 photos forever. My baby [Alexander ‘Jojo’], his father and me –had a really great time [just the three of us. After years of finding it very, very difficult to be in the same room [myself and my baby’s father] –we were finally able [by God’s grace] to accept errrm....stuff and let go of all the disappointments. Alexander had the time of his life.....

As always; Christ Birthday started with Alexander and me putting the Christmas tree and ‘our’ kind’ of decorations -up. I’m not a tinselly person but I do love baubles -so I put lots of clear glass vases filled with bauble [of ever colour] all around the flat. Then I shopped like a woman possessed –in the snow [I hasten to add]..

Father Christmas’s sledge made it annual appearance [right outside our window] –the day before my Alexander’s nativity play...At Alexander’s nativity play [the following day] -the older children [year two] had the main roles –so Alexander’s class [year one] took the minor roles and he was one of nine donkeys in the nativity –bless him, -and he done us proud.....[I think all the children have to play a role in school nativities –now, by law [hehehehe], –in my days there was only one donkey ...and if you didn’t have a role to play -you just sat down. My Alexander’s nativity had chickens, cows, a turkey and ‘all sorts’ bless them...





For our Christ Birthday dinner, I cooked Lamb, duck and the usual turkey....and my apple crumble went down –well. I forgot the crackers and I didn’t die...[two years ago this would have killed me]. We used the large white ‘Banana Republic’ plates and my very special white porcelain ‘Limoges’ bowls for our pudding.



I brought out our ‘Rudolph glasses’ and light candles and put flowers all around the house [mainly my favourite pink roses, orange gerberas and Lilies]...

Towards the end of the meal I made some herbal tea [I put it into my ancient bone China ‘Sandon’ Wedgwood teapot and used my latest favourite –hand painted vintage cup and saucer] –lovely . Alexander and his father then demanded hot chocolate.


After some light conversation; more laughter and the opening of presents, –uncle Kwame came to pick up the father and son duo –and took them -to his and auntie Stephanie’s new house in Watford...And me? Well I put my feet up and chilled out [Amen]...then did some blogging [just what the doctor ordered].....And how was your Christmas?...............xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment