Wednesday 10 November 2010

THE BARN (High Barnet’s uber fabulous treasure trove) is no longer a secret…..& Lucy Turner does grown-up furniture for grown-up girls…

THE BARN (High Barnet)









If you’re anything like me, then it’s all about solid, grown-up, built to last furniture –right now. I’m soo into antiques and have a growing collection of beautifully made solid pieces of furniture that my little man, King Alex’s going to inherit one day (he’s soo not that excited, –bless him).. I’m not a snob and buy from car boot sales, charity shops and the odd auction house but my favourite place ever (I’ve never been disappointed) is THE BARN, -a lovely and warm shop, jam-packed with the best and most affordable antiques, gifts, mid century stuff, books, vintage and collectables like the lovely long black Christian Dior dress with low back and tassel detail sleeves -I saw last night for £180.00 in Barnet, North London. THE BARN is an insider secret and thus doesn’t have a website but the contact details are as follows:

THE BARN
2 Bruce Road
Barnet
EN5 4LS

Open every day: Mon –Sat 10am -5pm
Sunday 11am -3pm
They also buy and sell
Contact: Susanne on 07932 105 061

Lucy Turner

I’ve also fallen in love with Lucy Turner’s gorgeous re-worked, reused, recycled yummy pieces and just had to share. Just feast your eyes on the ‘Sea Jade’ sideboard and the ‘Set of Three Petal Tables’ above! For more information about Lucy Turner visit: http://www.lucyturner.co/

No comments:

Post a Comment