Friday 6 May 2011

Met Gala 2011 -fashion Hits and Misses


True Style Icons of the night..

Elle Fanning in Valentino
Fabulous! Fun. young, fresh and uber stylish…


Leelee Sobieski in Vionnet
Wow -Leelee! When I dream -this is how I’m dressed.


Chanel Iman in Dolce & Gabbana
For some, Chanel’s not dressy enough but for moi -she looks fresh, young and happy -just beautiful, and the Chanel bag and shoes are lush!


Milla Jovovich in Marni
Milla looks neat, fresh and rested in her LBD. Wow -what a transformation from last year -when she looked pale and worn out. Good for you Milla xx


Madonna in Stella McCartney
Its OK. Its age appropriate… ..


Chloe Sevigny in Alexander McQueen
I like!….very fashion, very Chloe!!


Ginnifer Goodwin in Topshop Unique
Ginnifer Goodwin is new to my radar but I love her already. The whole look is young and fabulous -and its kind of made my day -nothing desperate here. Bravo Ginnifer…


Daphne Guinness in Alexander McQueen
I don’t care what anybody thinks (nor does Mz Daphne) but I think she looks amazing. I’m loving all the feathers…plus it makes me dream -lovely x


Anna Wintour in Chanel Couture..
I’m loving the whole look -Anna was undeniably the best dressed at the Met Gala 2011 soiree. Viva la Diva…


Tory Burch and Kanye West
Fabulousity all around …


Liv Tyler in Givenchy Couture
Wow, all grown-up and elegant! -I love the whole look, -just lovely!



Frieda Pinto in Chanel
Wow sexy gal… I love the whole look…


Zoe Saldana in Calvin Klein…
Lovely, just lovely…neat, sleek and elegant..


Janelle Monae in Chanel
All good…



Alexa Chung in Christopher Kane..
Alexa looks lovely but I’m beginning -slowly to not care about what she’s wearing!


Hilary Rhoda in Alexander McQueen…
I love this look but I also feel -she looks kind of naked!


Miranda Kerr in Marchesa
 I love, love, love this look -but then I’m a big fan of La Kerr -she’s soo beautiful! My mate Miss jagger-jagger hates the dress -but personally, it makes me dream -it all soft and lovely.



Those who got it very wrong..

Rihanna in Stella McCartney..
Ghetto I’m afraid, -is no longer fabulous -RiRi…


Keri Hilson in Atelier Versace..
Young with a killer body -and this is the best Keri can do! Back to style school -missy. Next time -think young, fresh and killer silhouette!


Eva Mendes in Stella McCartney...
What is going on here? I don’t know where to start -so I won’t!


Jessica Szohr in Topshop Unique
What a let down! I’m shocked because Jessica usually gets it right…


Ciara in Prabal Gurung…

Ciara’s a beautiful young gal but she's never made my fashionista list -and judging by this busty, hard, over accessorised look, -she never will. The face looks ok though!


Kirsten Dunst in Chanel
What is this? Why did she bother?


Joy Bryant in Missoni
Pretty make-up, romantic hair, lovely earrings -what’s going on with the dress? Joy is such a special gal -a Fashion et al fav but I’m disappointed with this look!



Fabulous Style, Bad Hair

Iman in Stella McCartney
 
I know, I know -its not a bad look but that bleached blonde BIG hair -why? A neat dark ponytail would have perfected this look. Still love you Iman but let the big fake, blonde weave thingy -gooooo oOOO….


Solange Knowles in Dries Van Noten
It wouldn’t take a lot to mix this look up and get it right. Can you image if Mz Solange still had her short natural hair, went lighter on the make-up -then added the dress -the silhouette would be fierce fabulous!


Kerry Washington
Sexy dress, poodle hair.....yep, bad hair happens to good people..…better luck next time!


Those who can wear whatever they want because they are sacred and fabulous...

Jennifer Hudson in Vera Wang
 La Hudson’s ’s skin, hair and make-up’s magic. This sister has come a long way and I love her. Jen’s wearing the ubiquitous ball-grown (yawn), and even though I‘m liking the top half -I detest the wannabe wedding-gown thingy going on -at the bottom.


Naomi Campbell in Alexander McQueen
La Campbell usually get it right but she had an off day -and I love her for it..

The "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art took place on 2nd May 2011 in NYC and the above personas attended. Did they get it right? *All photos courtesy of Zimbo.Com...

No comments:

Post a Comment